Wednesday, March 10, 2010

MARY JO KOLKHORST

Mary Jo Pertzborn Kolkhorst - HAPPY BIRTHDAY !! (I've been waiting to do this)

Mary Jo and her husband Steve live in Portland, Maine. They have two children: Chris is 31 and Allison is 28....one wedding last summer and one this summer !!

Mary Jo is now retired but " I taught reading and literacy at the elementary level in York and Kennebunk for 20 years. There is nothing more satisfying than when the "light goes on" and a child "gets it", and takes off on their own. Today I am busy serving on a couple of non-profit boards, traveling, helping to plan our daughter Alli's wedding in June, and enjoying life."

Favorite memories? "Oh, I have many favorite memories, some I dare not put in print. However, one memory that stands out was a dance Sophmore year that I went to with Ann Chickering. We dressed up as matching eggs. We made our own costumes out of white pillow cases stuffed with pillows and we wore black tights. We were so excited to get to the dance and show off our unique outfits. Well when we arrived and walked in to the dance a nun looked at us and shrieked. She told us that we looked immoral and sent us home! (too much leg showing, I guess). We left the dance and saw someone from the yearbook staff, he took our picture and at the end of the year there it was in the yearbook. Ahhhhh, Sweet revenge!"

WooHoo - see you in July.....I'm going to look for that picture

No comments: