Wednesday, July 7, 2010

MARY KENNEDY AND JIM RIES

I know that I already posted Jim's profile - but in subsequent communications - I found he had a delightful story to tell:

"Mary Kennedy and I started dating shortly after graduation from Edgewood. We went out for about a year but then went our separate ways. 30+ years later I received a call from Mary. At the time I lived in San Diego and she lived in Plano, Texas. We talked an hour about our families and all the different places we have lived. About two years later, my wife passed away from colon cancer. I contacted Mary and we talked and emailed for two months. Mary flew out for her spring break and we had a great time. In September Mary and her daughter moved out to San Diego. On May 8, 2004, we were married on our back deck.

Since then we moved to Austin Texas. It has been magical."


LIFE IS GOOD - if you just get out of the way and let it happen !


Thank you so much Jim for sharing this with us.

1 comment:

Mary Kay Wackwitz said...

Congratulations Jim and Mary. What a great story!!