Friday, May 7, 2010

STEPHEN RIEDERER

Steve Riederer and his wife Marilyn live in Rochester, MN. They have two children: Julie is 25 and Christopher is 21.

Steve is working - "Professor, Department of Radiology, Mayo Clinic"

Wondering what Steve has been up to in the last few years? "I direct the Magnetic Resonance Imaging Research Laboratory at Mayo Clinic. We are developing ways to make MRI faster, cheaper, more accessible, more accurate, and more general purpose. Several of the specific techniques I have developed over the years are now used routinely on commercial MRI scanners every day. In addition to research I do a lot of teaching, and have been the Ph.D. advisor to over 20 students. Presenting my research at professional meetings has taken me all over the world, and my family has often accompanied me. My hobbies are piano, fishing, bridge, tennis. and gardening. (The piano and bridge go back to EHS days!)"

and his favorite memory? "Barbershop quartet: Sharpe and the Three Flats"

Thanks Steve - I do hope you'll make it this summer.

No comments: