Wednesday, February 24, 2010

LAURA CROSS


Laura Brusca Cross and her husband Stephan live in Madison. Their children are Stephanie - 32, and Matthew - 38 and they have three grandchildren. So what has Laura been up to ?

"I have been employed for 33 years at St. Mary's Hospital as the supervisor in the Echocardiography Department. I have been put out to pasture due to 'corporate restructuring' . In June, I will be starting a new job, part time, no management and really looking forward to moving on."

"Went to MATC after high school in the Lab Tech program. Got a job at UW Children's Hospital working in Cardiology, and learned on the job how to do Echocardiograms. In 1977 I took a position at St. Mary's.
I married my soul mate in 1971 and we just celebrated our 39th Anniversary.
We have two awsome offspring, both who have blessed us with the most wonderful grandkids.
Prior to building our cabin along the Kickapoo River we travelled, golfed, remodeled, redecorated, relandscaped and gardened. I still fly to Florida about three times a year to visit our daughter and her family.
I started gardening again and am looking forward to expanding this summer (lawn reduction!)"

Favorite memories?......."Cruising State Street in my parent's car with my girl firiends - or was that American Graffiti?"

No comments: